Locum Clinical Trials Pharmacist / Pharmacy Technician
- Location: Guildford, GU2 7YD
- Salary: Competitive hourly rate
About the Company
Re:Cognition Health is a leading provider of clinical services specialising in cognitive impairment. We deliver expert clinical care to private patients and are one of the foremost providers of Clinical Trials in the world. It is essential that all staff operate at the highest standards, adhering at all times to Re:Cognition Health’s own Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS).
The Clinical Trials Pharmacist will play a pivotal role in the day to day running of the Clinical Trials conducted at the Guildford clinic, and provide advice and recommendations regarding pharmacy-related queries across all Re:Cognition Health sites. The role includes the preparation and management (accountability) of the clinical trials investigational medicinal products, and ensuring compliance with the International Conference on Harmonisation guidelines for Good Clinical Practice (ICH GCP) and specific protocols as designated by the trial Sponsors and Clinical Research Organisations.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the Clinical Trials Pharmacy management/facilities
- Ensure the pharmacy is well maintained and the equipment/storage conditions are appropriate
- Manage the IMP and non-IMP accountability, with oversight of other team members involved with the procedures
- Manage and oversee the IMP re-supply for the site(s)
- Conduct query resolution for pharmacy-related queries: work with the study coordinators and monitors in closing the queries
- Responsibility of maintaining the calibration of all the pharmacy equipment
- Accountable and responsible for drug dispensing at the site
- Serves as a member of the Centre team with the goal to contribute towards efficient management of clinical trials, support the Trial Coordinators with study setup, delivery and close out.
- Manage the essential documentation for the portfolio of trials at Re:Cognition Health Guildford, ensuring consistency with documents held electronically.
- Assist with collating, submitting and tracking CRFs and data queries to Data Management
- Maintenance of Investigator Site File/Pharmacy (ISF)
- Managing and maintaining study documents and trial supplies where necessary
- Maintain adequate records and ensure all relevant information is accurately documented in the study participant’s files.
- Perform data entry in accord with sponsor or trial requirements and systems and ensure data queries are resolved promptly.
- Check patient files at the end of visits to ensure all procedures/assessments have been completed.
- Ensure a competent knowledge and understanding of all trials by reviewing the protocol, attending SIVs and relevant study training meetings.
- Assist in the design and development of source documents specific to each clinical trial.
- Provide verbal and written information and support to study participants and their carers for the duration of their involvement in the trial.
- Assist in keeping the waiting room and all other work areas clean and tidy as required.
- Assist in the archiving process after study close-out.
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and competence by attending training sessions and courses as appropriate and by self-directed learning.
The ideal candidate for the Locum Clinical Trials Pharmacy role will portray the following skills and attributes:
- Registered Pharmacist with valid GPHc licence, or registered Pharmacy Technician, or Registered Nurse
- Experience of preparing medications for intravenous and intramuscular administration
- Experience working in Clinical Trials
If you feel you are suitable for the Locum Pharmacy role, please apply now!