- Location: Guildford
- Salary: Competitive
- Benefits package
About the Company
Re:Cognition Health is a pioneering brain and mind clinic specializing in the diagnosis, treatment and care of people with symptoms of cognitive impairment or mental health concerns. Clinical services include traumatic brain injury, neurology, children’s neurological conditions, Alzheimer’s and dementia and mental health and our team also delivers medico-legal services.
We are honoured to have received many prestigious awards for our work, including the positive impact Re:Cognition is having on society.
The Re:Cognition Health Clinics in London, Essex, Surrey, Birmingham, Guildford, Plymouth and Washington DC are also major centers for international trials of disease-modifying and new symptomatic drugs for Alzheimer’s disease and other neurological conditions. Our multi-disciplinary team work collaboratively to provide a full service, patient-centered approach using the latest progressive medical research and evidence based treatments.
We value people who share the same passion for research, dedication to their area of expertise, are hardworking and want to be part of our growth and success.
As our Assistant Psychologist/Rater, you will work on an exciting research site investigating novel interventions for the treatment of cognitive disorders, based in Plymouth. The post holder will be responsible for administering psychometric and cognitive rating scales to subjects who have volunteered to take part in the studies.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Undertake a broad range of psychological assessments, including the use of psychometric tools, selfreport measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with study participants and their carers.
- Assist with the study setup and take responsibility maintenance of Rater equipment i.e. tablets, recording devices, psychometric kits, subject binders etc.
- Update appropriate patient databases to aid recruitment and reporting of recruitment and book screening appointments accurately using the appropriate scheduling tool
- Maintain adequate records and ensure all relevant information is accurately documented in the study participant’s files.
- Perform data entry in accord with sponsor or trial requirements and systems and ensure data queries are resolved promptly
- Ensure a competent knowledge and understanding of all trials by reviewing the protocol, attending Investigator Meetings, SIVs and relevant study training meetings/conferences.
- Check patient files at the end of visits to ensure all procedures/assessments have been completed
The ideal candidate for the Sub-Investigator role will portray the following skills and attributes:
- BSc In Psychology or related subject (2:1)
- Clinical/research experience in mental health
- A Masters related Subject
- Experience of data collection for research and experience of data entry and data management
- Experience in administering the following cognitive rating scales:
Mini-Mental State Exam (MMSE)
Clinical Dementia Rating scale (CDR)
Repeatable Battery for the Assessment of Neuropsychological Status (RBANS)
Neuropsychiatric Inventory (NPI)
- Continuous professional development
- 22 Days Annual Leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Pension Scheme
The successful applicant will have access to all Re:Cognition Health’s benefits.