Clinical Trials Sub – Investigator
- Location: Birmingham, B16 8LT
- Salary: Competitive
- Benefits package
About the Company
Re:Cognition Health is a pioneering brain and mind clinic specializing in the diagnosis, treatment and care of people with symptoms of cognitive impairment or mental health concerns. Clinical services include traumatic brain injury, neurology, children’s neurological conditions, Alzheimer’s and dementia and mental health and our team also delivers medico-legal services.
We are honoured to have received many prestigious awards for our work, including the positive impact Re:Cognition is having on society.
The Re:Cognition Health Clinics in London, Essex, Surrey, Birmingham, Guildford, Plymouth and Washington DC are also major centers for international trials of disease-modifying and new symptomatic drugs for Alzheimer’s disease and other neurological conditions. Our multi-disciplinary team work collaboratively to provide a full service, patient-centered approach using the latest progressive medical research and evidence based treatments.
We value people who share the same passion for research, dedication to their area of expertise, are hardworking and want to be part of our growth and success.
The successful candidate will be provided the opportunity and supported by Re:Cognition Health to undertake the 4 year Pharmaceutical Medicine Specialty Training (PMST) to receive a CCT in pharmaceutical medicine. the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine. Re:Cognition Health is a recognized training centre for PMST.
Re:Cognition Health is a GMC Designated Body but the candidate would transfer to the Deanery for revalidation if undertaking PMST.
The primary responsibility of the sub-investigator is to ensure the well-being, safety and interests of all participants, at your centre, taking part in clinical trials. The Principal Investigator has overall responsibility for the conduct of the clinical trials and will delegate specific duties to an appropriately trained and qualified Sub-Investigator. The Sub-Investigator is responsible for the following:
Key Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Working under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator
- Performing the studies in accordance with ICH GCP (R2)
- Signing an Investigator Agreement to confirm acceptance and willingness to comply with the study protocol
- Maintaining adequate records of each subject’s participation, including all investigations, adverse events and changes in medications.
- To undertake specific administrative duties as required including appropriate record-keeping
- To assist in pre-screening and the recruitment of appropriate individuals for studies.
- To perform other duties of a similar nature appropriate to your position which may be required from time to time by the line manager
- Work within Company operational and professional guidelines
The ideal candidate for the Sub-Investigator role will portray the following skills and attributes:
- A medical doctor with at least 2 years of clinical experience (post-graduation)
- Must have completed foundation and core medical competencies
- Post graduate membership qualification by exam MRCP or equivalent
- Desire to progress becoming a Principal Investigator
- Continuous professional development
- 22 Days Annual Leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Pension Scheme
The successful applicant will have access to all Re:Cognition Health’s benefits.