We provide private child ADHD assessments
ADHD is the most common neuropsychiatric condition in childhood and adolescence
It’s also the second most frequent medical condition in childhood after asthma.
Our multi-disciplinary team is driven by the commitment to help every child affected by ADHD to unlock their potential. ADHD affects around 1 out of 20 children and adolescents worldwide, meaning that in a school setting, at least one child per class would be affected by this condition.
Treatment for ADHD In Children: A Positive Approach
At Re:Cognition Health, we believe that ADHD should not be viewed as an impediment.
It’s commonly reported that individuals with ADHD have many positive characteristics, which can benefit them at school and in later life. For example, creativity, hyper-focus, vitality and spontaneity.
Diagnosing ADHD in Children
With the right support, the opportunities for your child are endless. If you suspect that your child exhibits any of the following symptoms, they may benefit from a comprehensive ADHD test.
What Are The symptoms of ADHD?
- Getting easily distracted and making careless mistakes, particularly with tasks that do not interest you. For example, reading a complex book on a topic you don’t like.
- Blurting out answers or thoughts, like in a lesson at school or during quiet reading time.
- Difficulty waiting your turn to do something – for example finding it hard to stand in a queue and wait.
- Difficulty organising and managing tasks. You may find that you miss important deadlines, particularly during busy periods at work or school.
- Fidgeting and finding it difficult to sit still, often finding a reason to stand and walk around when sitting down is expected.
- Being forgetful and tending to lose or misplace things.
- Being easily distracted by the environment or by unrelated thoughts, like day-dreaming.
- Feeling restless or edgy, have difficulty turning your thoughts off, and find stress hard to handle.
- Tending to do things on the spur of the moment, without thinking, which gets you into trouble.
How Can We Help Your Child Realise Their Potential?
Well, the process is simple:
- Complete the enquiry form below
- Our dedicated patient coordinators will discuss your referral with you and confirm the most appropriate pathway
- We’ll then arrange an appointment for you at our clinic, at a time that is convenient for you
- The child ADHD assessmentlasts for approximately 1.5 hours and includes an online test, called the Qbcheck, an objective evaluative treatment response for ADHD/ADD. The treatment measures attention, impulsivity and motor activity. Learn more about the pioneering technology by clicking here.
- The results of the test are complemented by comprehensive consultation with our consultant psychiatrist. We also require a series of validated assessment scales to be completed.
- Our patient coordinators are on hand to answer any questions you may have, so please do not hesitate to reach out to our team.
After ADHD diagnosis
It is important to highlight that a broad range of treatments, including medication and non-pharmacological treatments are currently available and they might be very useful when dealing with some of the problems associated with ADHD/ADD.
Medications may be highly effective for some people, especially in the short term, however, others might prefer non-pharmacological approaches such as omega 3 supplements, exclusion diets, cognitive therapy, or neuro-feedback.
Whatever your preference, our specialist team will discuss all of the options available to you.