Dr Sara FenuGeriatric Psychiatrist / Geriatrician
Dr Sara Fenu is an Italian Consultant Geriatrician with a broad experience in Cognitive Disorders, Dementia and Geriatric Psychiatry. She has worked as a Consultant Geriatrician for many years in a Neurorehabilitation ward and Centre for Cognitive Disorders whilst in Italy.
Dr Fenu is currently working as an Old Age Psychiatrist within the Kensington, Chelsea and Westminster Memory Service, a specialist service for people of any age who are experiencing cognitive difficulties.
Areas of Expertise (conditions):
● Cognitive disorder in patients younger and older than 65 with complex comorbidities/ polytherapy and frailty.
● All types of cognitive impairment.
● Mild Cognitive Impairment
● Alzheimer’s dementia, Fronto-Temporal Dementia, Lewy Body Dementia, Vascular Dementia, Alcohol Related Brain Damage, Dementia in Parkinson’s disease and other parkinsonism.
● Behavioural and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia
● Anxiety and Depression in the Elderly
● Sleep disorders
•Doctor of Medicine, Medical Diploma of Medicine, July 2007 Sassari University, Italy
• Geriatric Medicine Training, from Feb 2008 to October 2010 University of Sassari and further Geriatric Medicine Training with a focus on Cognitive and Behavioural symptoms in the elderly, from October 2010 to April 2012 at the Centre for Cognitive Diseases, Sant’Agostino Estense Hospital and Baggiovara Hospital, University of Modena
• Specialisation in Geriatric Medicine, April 2012
• Master’s Degree in Clinical Neuropsychology and Neuropsychiatry of Adults and Elderly at the Lumsa University, Rome, Italy
• Master’s Degree in Interface of geriatric medicine and directorship of health & social services in nursing homes and community (Pavia University, Italy) with a project focused on the Experimental Model of a Dementia Special Care Unit based on Psychosocial Intervention
• Diploma, Feb 2017 Multisensory Approach (Snoezelen) for the well-being of people with dementia Dementia studies & person-centred care studies (PCC) Focos Argento, Como, Italy
• Diploma, Oct 2017 Basic User of Dementia Care Mapping University of Bradford, Dementia Studies, Professor Silvia Faggian
• Diploma, Dec 2016 Theoretical and Practical Advance Training in Neuropsychological Testing Alexander Lurija, Neuroscience Institute, Torino, Italy
• Member of the British Geriatric Society
• Member of the British Association for Psychopharmacology