Dr. Sylvia Baker MBBS, BSc, MSc, MRCpsychChild Psychiatrist
Languages spoken: English
Areas of Expertise (conditions): All types of psychiatric conditions in Childhood and adolescence period , including anxiety and depression, Autism diagnosis particularly in females, ADHD. Wide scope of knowledge in other neurodevelopmental disorders such as Tic disorders. Special interest and expertise in all eating disorders in children and adults. Can diagnosis Adult ADHD in over 18s.
- Medical degree ( MBBS): University College London and Royal free Medical School 2006
- Bachelor of science ( BSC in Medical Humanities): University College London 2003
- Post Graduate Examinations for Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych) 2012
- Masters Degree in Psychiatry and psychological medicine (MSc) -Achieved overall Merit with Distinction in research: Cardiff University 2014
- Certificate in Completion of Training in Psychiatry ( Consultant Higher Specialty Training recognised by GMC) with specialism in Child and Adolescent Mental health 2017 ( Wales Deanery)
- Psychological training in Cognitive Behavioural Training (CBT) for children with anxiety/depression/Anorexia/Bulimia. Dialectical behavioural therapy training in distress tolerance in adolescents. ( Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre)
- General Medicine and surgical employment rotations at Royal United Hospital, Bath 2007 & Lister hospital, Stevenage from 2007-2009
- General Adult Psychiatry training at Cardiff hospitals rotation 2009-2012
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMH) employment and specialty training at Cardiff and South Wales Training Scheme 2012-2017
- Worked as NHS consultant In Child and Adolescent Mental Health at Tonteg Child & Family centre 2017-2020
- Consultant Psychiatrist for Inpatient Specialist Eating Disorder Unit at Priory Hospital, Bristol 2020-2022
The Royal College of Psychiatrists in Wales & Welsh Psychiatric Society Poster Prize 2011 ( 2nd place): Audit of Diagnostic Pathways in Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in CAMHS Cardiff.